Please take a moment to register to take full advantage of what our community has to offer!Dismiss Notice
Terms of Service and Rules
Please read through this entire guideline.
As with any community, rules and guidelines are important to keep the community running smoothly and with growth, it is time we establish guidelines. Please keep in mind our rules whenever posting to keep our community pleasant for members and guests alike.
The SalmonTime.com community is a fishing community built around people getting and giving help, guidance, sharing knowledge and experiences. Your use of this community should reflect this. The rules here are not exhaustive and will be modified over time as necessary.
Access to the community is a privilege, not a right, members who continually breach these rules will find themselves limited or removed from the community, regardless of the other contributions they have made.
1. Access to the community is a privilege, not a right, members who continually breach these rules will find themselves limited or removed from the community, regardless of the other contributions they have made.
2.The SalmonTime community is viewed the same as a “business” and should be viewable in business contexts or by children. Please do not post anything that is inappropriate in a business setting. This includes, but is not limited to, profanity, sexual, sexualized or illicit content, hateful, threatening, provocative or vulgar content, links and websites and discussion encouraging the same.
3. Be courteous and respect your fellow members. To be clear, personal attacks, aggressive messages, and passive-aggressive behavior is unacceptable. If you take particular issue with another user and are unable to reply in a civilized and constructive way to their posts, you should ignore the user.
4. Posts should always be constructive and on topic. If you disagree with a post and feel the need to reply as such, it is important that you explain why without insult. Off topic posts may be moved or deleted as required.
5. If you feel another user is attacking or being aggressive towards you, report their message to a moderator. Do not respond publicly. This simply continues the back and forth that derails topics and makes them uncomfortable for other users. If someone attacks you and you respond with an attack, you will be warned regardless of who started it.
6. Salmontime is a business friendly community but we ask that all promotional type posts be made in our Classifieds Section we have created for businesses. The Internet is filled with ads at the most inconvenient times and places. In our sport, people know what they are looking for and will find you without ads plastered all over the site.
7. If you recommend a product or service in a post outside of the business section, you must disclose your affiliation if you are affiliated.
8. Personal information and private discussions may not be posted unless it’s clear that all parties involved have consented.
9. If a moderator or staff member takes an action or posts a directive (for example, to stop with a particular topic), you must adhere to this. If you discover a directive only after you’ve posted a message that contravenes it, delete your post or it will be taken to be ignoring moderators, a violation in itself.
10. If you have a problem with or question about a moderator’s decision, contact troutspinner through the provided private message system. Posts or topics discussing moderator actions will be removed.
11. Each user may only have one account. If duplicate accounts are discovered, duplicate accounts will be deleted. If there is a pattern that the accounts were created for malicious purposes, all of the accounts will be banned.
12. Do not discuss other sites here. We do not allow members to discuss, recommend, promote, insult, criticize or refer to other sites. Sites mean but are not limited to websites, forums, groups, Facebook pages, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube or any other social media pages. If you need to contact someone from another website, use their website, don't announce it here.
13. We are not interested in the rules of other forums, just like we expect they are not interested in our rules. We are not interested in fights, site specific events, personal vendetta, promoting member only events on other sites, sales, free offers, solicitations, bickering, arguing or name calling from other sites. We don't promote other sites here, we don't insult other sites here and we don't discuss other sites here. Leave stuff from other sites on those sites, we don't want it here. If you feel you have something monumental that absolutely must be made public here that you read on another site, contact a moderator and let them decide.
14. Everyone who registers here is doing so with a clean slate. We do not care what they have said, done or written on any other site. If you have an issue with a member who you have had interaction on another site, do not announce it here, you should ignore the user.
15. Signatures must adhere to the general “business” rules of this community.
16. Avatars/Profiles must adhere to the general business rules of this community. We do not allow any promotional, advertising, antagonistic, vulgar or website information in avatars or profiles. They will be removed immediately and the member may be subject to disciplinary actions.
17. If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register or use this Service. If you wish to close your account, please contact us.
Thank you for your anticipated cooperation, we hope you enjoy our community and use it in the manner for which it was intended and help us to make it the greatest resource available.